Wednesday 1 May 2013

Just Because isn't a good enough answer

 Just Because has a new line of mesh shirt vest combos.  Its the kind of thing that suits my style so I picked one up without trying a demo at the Mens Fashion Fair.

Unfortunately it was a disappointing purchase.  It looks great from a distance but formless up close.

First the good.  The vest is a nice template with good texturing and the combo fits well.  Stylistically this should have become one of my favorite combos.
But the shirt collar ruins the whole effect. As you can see the problem is 'Collar?  What collar?'  Sure you can argue they were going for a deliberate low buttoned collar look but there doesn't even seem to be an attempt to add any 3d modeling to the mesh template.  The collar effect is purely texturing and with all the options out there for startlingly realistic three dimensional mesh clothing shapes, that just wont cut it anymore.

They seem to have gone all in on this template with a whole Great Gatsby inspired classic 1920's line planned with what looks like some really nice texturing, but nice texturing is frankly wasted effort when paired with such a weak mesh template, particularly for the comparatively high price they are charging.

I wanted to like this, I wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't and if I had liked it I would have picked up more shirt/jacket/vest combos from them, but it will probably be my last Just Because purchase without a fundamental template rethink on their part






No comments:

Post a Comment